May 3, 2015FAQ
WHY THE INTERNATIONAL FREETHOUGHT FILM FESTIVAL?
Promoting Reason Through Film
- New generation, new approach using a medium other than print and conferences.
- More attractive to the general public than print and conferences.
- High publicity potential.
- Advancing artistic expression of freethought concepts.
- Help launch freethinking filmmakers’ career.
- Expand exposure of freethought concepts.
- Potential catalyst for a widely recognized freethought film niche.
- Educate patrons interested in freethought concepts.
- Educate patrons opposed to freethought concepts.
- A non-sectarian celebratory event within the freethought movement.
- Another approach to advance the secular movement.
WHAT WILL BE SCREENED AT THE INTERNATIONAL FREETHOUGHT FILM FESTIVAL?
- Films are submitted directly from filmmakers.
- Film submission fees required for entry. (unless waived by special circumstances)
- Films are not in distribution.
- Films are not major motion pictures.
- Films are made outside of traditional Hollywood system.
- Films are original.
- Films are created with a small budget.
- Films are not amateur despite small budget.
- Films are not the same as videos.
- Filmmaker’s vision remains in tact. (void of corporate influence)
- Filmmakers take more risks in content.
- Filmmakers enter film festivals to get exposure.
- Exposure can launch a film career.
HOW DO WE DECIDE WHICH FILMS TO INCLUDE IN THE FILM FESTIVAL?
- Films reflect any or all aspects of our mission statement. (promoting reason, critical thinking and freedom of inquiry)
- Film submissions are judged on content, production quality, and applicability.
- Several qualified judges are involved in the selection process.
- No films under distribution contracts are eligible. (filmmakers own 100% of the rights)
- Films in student and non-competitive categories will be selected.
- Narratives, Documentaries, Animations, Comedy and Experimental films are all considered.
WHAT IS TO BE ANTICIPATED AT THE INTERNATIONAL FREETHOUGHT FILM FESTIVAL?
A Major Four Day Long Event
- When: August 2-5, 2012 (Thurs-Sun.)
- Location: Denver, Colorado, USA (Venues TBA)
- Admission charge. Weekend passes available.
- Programming: At least 15 screenings. Select films with multiple screenings.
- Features/Shorts, Narratives, Animations, Documentaries, Comedies, etc.
- Panel discussions-Filmmaker QA
- Hospitality HQ for:
-Meeting new people
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE FILM FESTIVAL IS OVER?
- The next season begins with a new Call for Submissions for films for the next event.
- New event sponsors and program advertisers will be solicited.
- Scouting for the venue for the next event.
- IFFF content will be shared on our Website with filmmakers’ approval.
- IFFF content will be shared with freethought groups who want to hold smaller film festival events, free to the public, in their communities. (encouraging a broader reach than just the area where the IFFF main event is held)
- Short film contests.
- IFFF staff will be available for presentations at conferences and conventions.
LOOKING FURTHER AHEAD–OUR GROWTH POTENTIAL
- Screen-writing contests
- Expansion of networking within the film industry.
- Matching talent with producers and distributors.
- Film production.
* Please contact the Freethought Film Festival Foundation if you have any other questions that you would like to add to this list*